Dental Crowns & Bridges
in Newcastle & Gateshead
See More Before and Afters
A dental crown, also known as a cap, is a type of restoration which is placed over the top of the natural tooth. Crowns are used to restore and strengthen teeth damaged as a result of injury, trauma or weakened by decay. The natural tooth is fully encased in the crown right up to the gum line.
Crowns are made from a range of different materials, including precious metals, ceramic fused to metal and porcelain. Porcelain crowns are the most popular choice because they look like natural teeth and have a glossy finish. Crowns can be coloured to match the natural teeth and provide an aesthetically-pleasing finish.
Crowns are suitable for patients who:
- Have suffered with dental decay and need to strengthen their tooth.
- Stabilise a cracked tooth or protect a weak tooth.
- To cover a large filling where there is a lot of tooth loss.
- Following root canal treatment.
- To hold a dental bridge in place.
- As part of a Smile Makeover to restore colour and appearance.
For more information or to book in for your FREE smile makeover consultation call us today!